Monday 2 September 2013

White shiny stones

My blog used to be called nothing of particular importance. However, I have been thinking about the need to change it.

A while ago now I watched a movie by the Russian director Nikita Mikhalkov. In English, the movie title translated as Anna:From 6 till 18. The movie is a record of Anna's feelings and beliefs over the time period. In the movie they talked about a Russian Poet and how all children of the time knew his poems. There was a particular poem than went "In my pocket, I have a screw. What have you?"

I was thinking about this poem watching my own daughter collect small stones and put them in her pocket.

Wo betide you if you tried to throw those away afterwards.

So I thought, my blog was important if only for me. I was thinking of those dry stone walls. The strongest element of those, isn't the large rocks, but the small ones that surround and hold the big ones in place. Isn't it the same in life?

All the small things add up to something.

No comments: