Thursday 12 September 2013

In five years time, I'd like to be/ a sailor sailing on the sea,/ but if the ship sinks then I'm done. Yes, I'd like to be a somebody, somebody up in the world,/ but if the ship sinks then I'm done/ A nobody drifting in a somebody's world./

I wrote that poem in Primary School, on the train this morning it just popped in my head. Why? I wonder. Anyway, i've been feeling good these past couple of days. Perhaps, it's because I'm not watching the news or reading newspapers.

The weather in Melbourne over the last few days hasn't been great. Spring started off with a few sunny days and warm weather, but now there's the occasional shower and it is a little cold. The weather forecast for the weekend doesn't look to promising either, a few showers on Saturday and late rain on Sunday. I want to get out into the garden and do something. We went to the market last weekend and bought some plants, so I am keen to get them in the garden. Zhe wants to chop down a couple of trees in the back yard, i've been a bit reluctant but now I think, yeah maybe lets put something else in. Anyway, the weather is going to turn around soon. So I am going to get out there, as part of the new me and all and work in the garden.

As you might have read earlier, Australia has a new government that I don't particularly like so rather than moan, get angry etc. I decided to do something more energizing and part of that something is this blog. Regardless of who is, or isn't reading - though of course I want you to read it. But I have been reading about goal setting, so I have other goals - not necessarily in order A) To develop my cooking skills, so my wife and daughter look forward to my cooking. B) To improve my gardening, so that my garden looks more impressive than it does now and C) To improve my Mandarin language skills.

It's Thursday and that means time to think about what I am going to cook this Saturday afternoon. The weather might not be too good, so I think I'll cook a stew. I've been using recipes from the Pioneer Woman Cooks these last couple of weeks and I can't see any reason to change, so I am going to cook her Sunday Night Stew I hope this is all right to cook on a Saturday and it tastes the same!

There are a few things that I still need to do with this blog, work out what other blogs I'm going to follow and write them up. Hopefully, things will get better so stick around.

No comments: