Sunday 7 October 2007

Wo xihuan

I like going to meet you around 9.00, early before you finish work.
I like standing in the noisy, busy street (Ma Chang dao) and watching you through the window, the big boss. Later, later than the stated knock off time you come out and see me waiting for you. Sometimes you criticised me for what I was wearing, or the fact that I was sitting on a step. Didn't I see the people spit whereever they felt like?

And then we would walk back to the hotel, get into the lift and go up to my room. There we would drink tea and talk, using dictionaries when we didn't understand. And I would look at you and think "top of the world".

Then later you would get up to go and I would go down in the lift with you and walk you to your bike and you would ride off into the noisy night.

And I would think. One night we will be together. We will be home.


Qinaide, I know how hard you work. I remember one night I met you at JuYou's place and when you came in, wearing your uniform straight from work I watched you rip your tie off with such disdain. Your staff and customers see the boss, the laoban. But darling, I can see your heart

No comments: